Advertising facilitates large-scale marketing. It is a medium of mass communication. Manufacturers supply information about new products through advertising. The fact that companies spend crores of rupees on advertising through TV, radio and newspapers indicates its benefits in sales promotion. Advertising is within the scope of promotion, which is one element in the marketing mix. It is getting popularity in the present highly competitive and consumer-oriented marketing. All products old and new, consumer and durable, cheap and costly need extensive advertising for sales promotion and consumer support. New communication techniques are now used for making advertising attractive and agreeable. The basic purpose of advertising is to give information, to attract attention, to create awareness and finally to influence the buying behavior of consumers. Advertising is certainly needed in marketing but is equally important and essential in social, cultural and political aspects of our life.
At the end of this course, learners will be able to;
- Understand the core concept of Advertising
- Evalaute the importance of Advertising in Consumer communication and persuasion
- Identify the different advertising techniques
- Understand the rudiments of Advertising budget and campaigns
- Know the decision maing process in Advertising
- And many more.