Becoming A Successful Teaching Assistant
Teaching assistants (TA) are individuals that support pupils in their educational, emotional and social development either individually, in groups or as a whole class. They usually work in public and private schools, childcare centres, and for religious organizations.
Teaching Assistants (TA) work closely with teachers in the classroom and duties can vary from school to school; responsibilities can cover helping individual or small groups of pupils to provide administrative and classroom support. Some TAs specialise in special educational needs, literacy, or numeracy.
This career is however different from a graduate teaching assistant, who is a university graduate student serving in a support role for his/her professor.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand what teaching assistant is
- What Teaching Assistant do
- Characteristics and Skills needed to become a Teaching Assistant
- Teaching assistant jobs, and
- Roles and Responsibilities of Teaching Assistant