The Art And Science Of Dialogues In Business
What fraction of the stage performance of an actor or actress is good because of what he or she is doing versus what he or she is saying? More than their lines, the best thespians learn their art, too.
A good representative of customer service needs to be well versed in the public-speaking craft. It is important that you speak clearly and persuasively to present information, respond to requests, influence purchasing decisions and otherwise meet the needs of your customers.
Sadly, one thing that causes many speakers to get stuck in tongue is when they have to show essential memory information. This unit ends with a segment on memory aids to enable you to use strategies that will not only help you remember but hopefully also alleviate your anxiety about having to remember and communicate simultaneously.
Sir Winston Churchill, statesman, orator, and former British prime minister, said: “A good speech should be like a woman’s skirt: long enough to cover the subject and short enough to create interest.”
Completing this unit should take you approximately 9 hours.
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will be able to:
- Identify and describe individual conversation styles;
- Contrast face-to-face and telephone conversations;
- Analyze strategies for addressing customer complaints and concerns;
- Identify resources and techniques you can use to help you remember important information; and
- Choose a method for remembering information that is most suited to your learning style.