Recruitment and Selection in Human Resources Management
Recruitment and Selection is an important operation in HRM, designed to maximize employee strength in order to meet the employer’s strategic goals and objectives. In short, Recruitment and Selection is the process of sourcing, screening, shortlisting and selecting the right candidates for the filling the required vacant positions.
The scope of Recruitment and Selection is very wide and it consists of a variety of operations. Resources are considered as most important asset to any organization. Hence, hiring right resources is the most important aspect of Recruitment.
Every company has its own pattern of recruitment as per their recruitment policies and procedures.
The scope of Recruitment and Selection includes the following operations:
- Dealing with the excess or shortage of resources
- Preparing the Recruitment policy for different categories of employees
- Analyzing the recruitment policies, processes, and procedures of the organization
- Identifying the areas, where there could be a scope of improvement
- Streamlining the hiring process with suitable recommendations
- Choosing the best suitable process of recruitment for effective hiring of resources
Every organization wants the future to be in good and safe hands. Hence, hiring the right resource is a very important task for any organization.
At the end of the course, you should be able to understand;
- The Objectives of Recruitment
- Recruiment and Interviews Process
- Selection Process and its importance
- Making Job offer
- Recruitment and Selection Principles
- And many more.