Companies with a diverse workforce often outperform companies where the staff seem cloned from a single template.
Diversity in the workplace provides a competitive advantage. But knowing that you need a diverse workforce is not the same as understanding how to manage diversity
Diversity brings different perspectives, experience and skills, which can encourage innovative, creative approaches.
Unfortunately, a diverse team can also make people uncomfortable as they rub against co-workers with different attitudes, worldviews and outlooks.
With good management, you can gain the benefits of diversity and minimize any disadvantages.
At the end of this study, students should be able to:
- Know the meaning of diversity and workplace diversity.
- Understand the Benefits of Workplace Diversity
- Know the Factors to Consider in adopting a diverse workforce
- Understand the Challenges of Diversity in the Workplace
- Effectively know the concepts in diversity management
- Elucidates the Advantages and Disadvantages of Diversity management
- Know the Tips for creating a diverse workplace
- Know the Required Tools for Managing Diversity