Waiting time is the time interval for which one has to wait after placing a request for an action or service and before the action/service actually occurs.
In operations, it is the time between the actual processes. The main aim of a company is to minimize the waiting time between the processes. At times, waiting time depends on how important a process is.
This will tell how fast the request will be serviced or which request will be serviced first in case of multiple requests. The customer behavior varies depending on the waiting time for a service.
At the end of this study, learners should be able to:
- Know the concept of managing wait time
- Understand how to make time pass quickly when looking forward to something
- Have an understanding of how to make time pass quickly when looking forward to something
- Know the steps for reducing waiting time at queue lines
- Understand the problems of long waiting-lines on business
- Know the steps for dealing with angry customers during waiting time
- Understand the tips for decreasing customer wait time that really work