Job Search Strategy And Proficiency
Job search strategy is the art and science of planning and purposefully arranging a job seeker’s resources for their most efficient and effective use toward getting the best job possible at a given time.
A currently unemployed, active job seeker can easily conduct hundreds of job search activities – such as sourcing for job leads, modifying resumes, researching companies, attending events, and setting up coffee meetings – in one single week.
If these activities are all parts of a well thought out strategy and plan, they will all work together consistently and, therefore, accelerate job search success. Job seekers could be wasting valuable time and energy if they don’t have a job search strategy in place to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of all activities.
At the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Define job search strategy
- Understand the Principles for Job Search Success
- Know the Categories of Job search skills
- Have a keen knowledge on Job Search Techniques
- Effectively understand the Self-improvement skills required for job search strategy
- Know the top Strategies for a Successful Job Search
- Know the signs that a Job-Search Strategy Isn’t Working