Searching for a job is easier if you understand that the job search process is an important step in finding employment. No matter how great your resume is, you must confront a job-hunting truth: By itself, your resume won’t land you the job or even the opportunity to land the job. What this means from a practical standpoint is more critiquing of your overall job search skills.
A successful job search involves creating a plan, conducting research, and taking action. Doing so takes time, organization, communication, and professionalism. Setting goals, and knowing why there is a need for a job, what kind of work is desired, and pay are key elements in the job search.
At the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Define and manage their job search.
- Know how to use technology to get hired.
- Understand the Steps to an Effective Job Search
- Know how to prepare resume and cover letter
- Understand the tips for writing cover letters.