Introduction to Quality Management
Quality management is the act of supervising various activities in an establishment to ensure that services and product being offered are consistent. It helps to accomplish a desired level of quality within the organization.
This includes the determination of a quality policy, creating and implementing quality planning and assurance, and quality control and quality improvement. It is also referred to as total quality management (TQM).
In general, quality management focuses on long-term goals through the implementation of short-term initiatives.
At its core, TQM is a business philosophy that champions the idea that the long-term success of a company comes from customer satisfaction. TQM requires that all stakeholders in a business work together to improve processes, products, services and the culture of the company itself.
At the end of this study, students should be able to:
- Know the definition of quality management
- Understand the components of quality management
- Know the concept of understanding Quality Management
- Understand Total Quality Management
- Know the meaning Quality management system (QMS)
- Understand Establishing and implementing a QMS.
SECTION 1: BASICS OF QUALITY MANAGEMENT
SECTION 2: Quality management system (QMS)