Food Safety And Hygiene For Food Handlers
Food hygiene are the conditions and measures necessary to ensure the safety of food from production to consumption.
Food can become contaminated at any point during slaughtering or harvesting, processing, storage, distribution, transportation and preparation.
Lack of adequate food hygiene can lead to foodborne diseases and death of the consumer. Food safety refers to the proper handling, cooking, and preservation of food in order to protect ourselves from foodborne illnesses caused by microbes such as viruses, bacteria, parasites, and fungi.
If you’ve ever visited a restaurant only to come back with more than a taco in your stomach that is now trying to exit both ends of your body, you know what this is all about.
At the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Understand the Concept of Food Safety, food hygiene and food handlers
- Know the Principles of safe food preparation
- Have a detailed knowledge on the Important principles in food control
- Understand the Reasons to Handle Your Food Safely
- Have an Understanding of foodborne illness (Food poisoning)
- Know food safety and hygiene tips for food handlers