Diploma in Business Communication Skills
Effective business communication is a two-way process of listening and speaking, and it’s of foremost importance in all phases of daily business life at your middle market company.
Ask one hundred employees whether they’re good communicators, and one hundred will say yes. In reality, though, all of us need to improve our communication skills.
Communication is key in every aspect of life, but it’s especially crucial in the workplace. Whether you’re just starting out in business or are further along in your career curve, there are specific business communication skills necessary for success.
Good relations among members of a business are critical for success. Good communication skills are an important element for the development of good relationships.
Poor communications starve a relationship while good communications nourish it. This is true regardless of whether you are a member of a committee looking at starting a business or a member of a team operating a business.
So, improving communication skills is important for success. But this doesn’t just happen. Both the receiver and the sender must work at developing verbal and listening skills.
From public speaking and body language to active listening and negotiating, there are many aspects to communicating effectively in the business realm.
The way a person communicates in business can lose or seal a deal, influence others to increase their work performance, and ensure that your message is delivered effectively and that your intended audience comprehends your intent.
Mistakes in body language, tone, or failing to show that you are open to negotiation or compromise can shut down your recipient’s willingness to hear your message. By improving your business communication skills, you can ensure that you are effective at your job, presentation, or position.
This course will expose you to the business communication skills and “soft skills” needed that will help you work smarter.
At the end of this course, students should be able to;
- Know the meaning of communication, effective communication and understand communication process.
- Have a knowledge of different communication skills and how to improve your Business Communication Skills.
- Have an understanding of keys to Effective Communication and know how effective your business communication skill is.
- Understand verbal communication skills and non-verbal communication skills.
- Define listening skills, know the types of listening skills.
- Know the barriers to effective listening and improving your listening skills.