Introduction to Human Resources Management
Human resource management is the strategic approach to the effective management of people in a company or organization such that they help their business gain a competitive advantage. It is designed to maximize employee performance in service of an employer’s strategic objectives. Human resource management is primarily concerned with the management of people within organizations, focusing on policies and systems. HR departments are responsible for overseeing employee-benefits design, employee recruitment, training and development, performance appraisal, and reward management, such as managing pay and benefit systems. HR also concerns itself with organizational change and industrial relations, or the balancing of organizational practices with requirements arising from collective bargaining and governmental laws
Human Resource Management involves management functions like planning, organizing, directing and controlling
- It involves procurement, development, maintenance of human resource
- It helps to achieve individual, organizational and social objectives
- Human Resource Management is a multidisciplinary subject. It includes the study of management, psychology, communication, economics and sociology.
- It involves team spirit and team work.
- It is a continuous process.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- List the steps in the recruitment and employee-selection process;
- Discuss methods of employee compensation and benefits and their impact on employee motivation; and
- Explain the importance of hiring and retaining the right employees.
SECTION 1: HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
SECTION 2: HUMAN RESOURCES ANALYTICS
SECTION 3: FUNCTION OF HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT